By now, you’ve probably gotten the memo: Summer is right around the corner! Golly gee—does that happen every year after spring? Well, hot damn.
Nevermind the fact that some of us are still wearing foldover mittens and giving the evil eye to the snowfall that just graced our lawns the night before. Sucks to be you, a quarter of the country. Let’s look at the bright side, shall we? Winter overstaying its welcome just means more prep and planning time for the BEST. SUMMER. EVER.
As such, Havakk would like to help you organize your summer To Do list. Let’s get started, shall we?
1. Spa day! Most likely, your skin hasn’t seen the outside of sweatpant material in a few months. Ladies and gents could benefit from an exfoliating body treatment that scrubs off the winter and preps skin for the sun. For those looking for extra torture in the name of beauty, waxing is also something to consider. Finish off with a new haircut and style, and a nail color that has a word like “peony” or “blossom” in its name.
2. Dress like a sunbeam. Fashion experts are predicting yellow to be the “in” summer shade in 2015. Depending on your skin tone (because yellow can be a little tricky), you can go with a darker, mustard yellow or a vibrant, neon yellow to brighten up your closet. May we suggest this Light of Life Yellow Maxi from Lulu’s?
3. Ugh, suit shopping. We’re not talking business suits here, either. Much like waxing, swimsuit shopping must be done, so may as well start now. We suggest sandwiching it between cocktail hours. If you’re not feeling bikini-ready, fear not—this Dark Floral Ruffle Strap One-Piece from VS is still sexy while adding a bit more coverage.
4. Sign up for summer camp. We’re not just talking about kiddos here, either. Summer camps exist for adults, too — everything from culinary camps to yoga camps, even anadult band camp. Use your summer to learn something new (beyond just perfecting your margarita recipe, though that is important, too).
5. Get ready to skip town. Nothing will get you in summer mode quicker than blowing off work/school and daydreaming about beaches instead. Step outside your Holiday Inn bubble and peruse a site like HomeAway.com or Airbnb.com to find a unique place to stay (with a pool!) in a place that’s warmer than where you’re at.
6. Get your groove on. You’ll be out and about this summer and you’ll need some tunes to keep things rockin’. Check out Havakk’s new, portable Bluetooth speaker:http://www.amazon.com/Havakk-Bluetooth-Speaker-Black/dp/B00TUG3VME. It’s sure to spark some attention and will definitely help to make this summer memorable.